- On Friday, March 18, 2022, three weeks after the Moscow invasion and advancing on several fronts, the lines have been confirmed and all eyes are on Mariupol, a strategic city in Ukraine besieged by Russian forces.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky on Wednesday blamed the Russian Air Force “Knowing” A theater in the city was bombed Mariopol Hundreds of people took refuge there. Eight of the nine humanitarian corridors were operational on Thursday, and 3,810 civilians were evacuated from the city, according to Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vareshchuk.
- Dense smoke clouds were observed in the area on Friday morningLiv Airport, In western Ukraine, near the Polish border. From “Missiles” Mayor Andrei Satovy announced that the Russians had not attacked the Lviv airport directly. Already on Sunday, the Russian military bombed a Ukrainian military base in the region.
- Bombings continue in Q and Kharkiv, the country’s second-largest cities, where at least 500 people have been killed since the war began. But the capital slowly revived on Thursday after the curfew order imposed from Tuesday evening was lifted. At least half of its 3.5 million people have been evacuated. More than three million Ukrainians have taken the path of deportation. Mostly for Poland, sometimes only one stage in their exit.
- Volodymyr Zelensky appealed to Westerners on Thursday To help “Stop this war”, A Russian strike kills at least twenty-seven people in the east of the country. To him, “People are being annihilated in Europe”He added that he was applauded by the Bundestag delegation in Berlin.
- President of the United States, Joe Biden and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping plan to discuss Friday. The United States said Thursday that China would retaliate if it “supported Russian aggression.” Russia, without the support of its closest allies, agreed to hold a vote on the resolution in the Security Council on Thursday evening.
- Attacked with severe punishments, Russia has now escaped default In its debt: According to a source familiar with the matter, JPMorgan Bank has received $ 117.2 million in interest payable.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Live March 17 Can be found here.
Report. Today, Mariupol is an open hell
To analyze. Russia is taking the first step towards default
Your questions. “World” answers to frequently asked questions
Story. Joe Biden, questioned by Volodymyr Zhelensky, is increasing military support for Kiev
History of a concept. Siege war, a weapon that threatens civilians
Chronic. “Countries looking to break with the Western alliance may want to have fewer reserves.”