Montenegro blames Russia for cyber attack

Montenegro government blames Russia for cyber attack

Montenegro is seeking international help after falling victim to a major cyber attack. It was the second attack against computer systems after the first wave of attacks on companies in the country following a censure resolution that toppled his government on August 19.

After meeting with the National Security Council late Friday, the head of the current affairs government, Triton Abasovic, did not talk about the origin of the attack, but his interior minister appointed Russia. Moscow added Montenegro to its list “Enemy Nations”After its alignment with EU sanctions.

this’“Sophisticated attacks that cannot be carried out by individuals”, Interior Minister Rasko Konjevic told state television. “Who could have any kind of political interest to cause such damage in Montenegro? I see enough (elements) to suspect that Russia is behind the attack. ยป

Many companies have computer systems “Infected”Including the Finance Ministry, the Prime Minister announced, and the Public Service Minister confirms it “Citizens and companies’ accounts, their data, etc. are not at risk”.

Several media outlets, citing A “Informal Summary” The National Security Agency (ANB) told local media on Saturday that the attack had been carried out “Multiple Russian Services”. According to the same source, “All Essential Infrastructure” Power and water supply systems are also at risk. Power plants have switched to manual operation.

See also  A lightning strike has struck an oil depot in Cuba, prompting international aid to tackle the scale of the blaze

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.